We’ve spent the last week exploring questions intended to help readers evaluate research for themselves.
- What is the treatment or intervention being studied?
- Who were the subjects?
- How long was the study?
- What outcomes did the study measure? (How did they define success?)
- What were the study methods?
- What were the actual findings and does the authors’ discussion accurately represent the findings?
- Were there any conflicts of interest (real or potential)?
- What questions does the study not answer?
Here it is all together.
What did I miss? How might you improved it? (Keep in mind that this is intended for non-academics.)